While we are taught that cannabis is harmful to our mental and physical health, many people have been fighting for the legalization of cannabis for many years. Reason being, marijuana or cannabis can be used to treat a wide range of diseases and symptoms unknown to many. Let’s have a look at some of the facts and medicinal uses of marijuana.
- THC in cannabis helps in blocking the enzyme that helps in the progression of Alzheimer’s disease.
- A gene called Id-1 helps the cancerous cells to spread throughout the body. Cannabidiol helps in turning off this gene, thus preventing the cancer cells to spread.
- This drug eases the pain caused by Multiple Sclerosis. The THC in the drug binds to the receptors and helps relieve the pain in the nerves and relax the muscles.
- Cannabinoids like tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) are found to control seizures by binding themselves to the brain cells and regulating excitability.
- This is one of the reasons why people want the medical cannabis to be legalized. There are a lot of military veterans in need of treatment for PTSD to come back to normal life after being exposed to everyday wars.
- This one’s an incredible one! Cannabis is found to chemically react with collagen and increase the rate of the healing process.
- Vomiting, nausea and pain caused by chemotherapy can be reduced effectively with the use of cannabis.
- Studies showed that marijuana can help in decreasing the pressure inside the eye when smoked. These can also prevent blindness.
- Even though its use for treating autism is yet to be understood by science, parents use cannabis as they help manage violent mood swings in autistic children.
- Children suffering from ADHD or people who have trouble concentrating, use of cannabis is found to be more effective than any other medication.
Many individuals and organizations in India are starting to protest for the legalization of the medicinal cannabis to be used in the country too. Now that we are more aware of the health facts about marijuana, let’s move forward and educate those who are still in the dark and those who regard marijuana as a poison!